Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How many..

  1. #1
    Inactive Member gjl327's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 1st, 2002
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hi everyone

    I'm in the process to building a home theatre/office. I'm just a do-it-yourselfer, I know electricity, but no code.
    I am wondering how many outlets I'm allowed to have per circuit. I'm making some adjustments to a circuit which would end up giving it 13 outlets all run thru a GFI plug.
    Seems like a bit much to me, I'm considering splitting the circuit into 2.

    Any info would be greatly appreciated

    Gerald Lauz?



  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner electric-ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2001
    Posts
    191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Hi Gerald,
    The Canadian Electrical Code permits a maximum of 12 outlets on a circuit when receptacles are included. I think you would be wise to divide that load into two circuits as you suggested. The code permits more than 12 outlets on a circuit only when the connected load is known and cannot be increased by the user, such as fluorescent lighting loads.

    Hope we have been able to help.

    Electric Ed

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Inactive Member gjl327's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 1st, 2002
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Thanks ..
    I'm off tomorrow to get an aditional circuit breaker

    GJL

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •